Boating School and Boat Share Sailing Club opens in Mimico Harbour
Humber Bay Sailing Centre has commenced operations at 100 Humber Bay Park Road West, on Mimico Harbour in Etobicoke, providing both a boating school and a member driven boat share keelboat sailing club.
The school offers students a broad curriculum of Sail Canada and other boating courses, including both on-water and in-classroom courses. Courses include:
- Basic Keelboat Cruising
- Intermediate Keelboat Cruising
- International Certificate of Competency (ICC)
- Coastal Navigation
- VHF Radio Licence – ROC (M)
- Toronto Harbour Licence
The sailing club offers members unlimited sailing from May through September on a variety of keelboats at a fraction of the cost of boat ownership. The club offers a variety of programs for all levels of sailors, including:
- Structured mentoring where new sailors can develop their skills while being coached by more experienced sailors
- Weeknight racing to develop sail trim and boat handling skills in a friendly yet competitive environment
- On-water and in-classroom seminars on sail trim, spinnaker handling, anchoring, docking, navigation, boat systems, chartering and even boat buying. Classroom seminars are offered year round at no cost to members and invited guests.
- Weekly sessions where members can participate and learn the basics of boat maintenance and repair